- Two Keystone golf courses and the 27 hole Breckenridge golf course give plenty of variety for many challenging rounds.
- The five courses in Summit County are all located within an easy drive of each other, as well as Denver.
- Take a lesson from the golf pro to help bring down your handicap.
The topography of Summit County created a unique challenge for golf course designers. Tight fairways are the result of limited land within the valley hills, and water features usually emphasize the beauty of Colorado's rivers and creeks.
The thin, high mountain air will send your golf ball soaring farther than you thought possible. However, this extra distance can be either a curse or a blessing, depending on the accuracy of your game.
Where to go Golfing
Breckenridge Golf Club
- Location – From Breckenridge, the golf course is located about 3 miles north of town. Take Hwy. 9 to Tiger Road, continuing to Highland Drive, which leads to Clubhouse Drive.
- Course Description – This 27-hole course was designed by Jack Nicklaus and continues to receive national and regional honors. Sitting at an elevation of 9,324 feet, the course will challenge golfers of all levels to bring their best game.
- Contact Information – Call 970-453-9104 for additional information.
Copper Creek Golf Course
- Location – The Pro Shop is located on Wheeler Place, to the east of Copper Mountain.
- Course Description – Created by the famous links designers Pete and Perry Dye, this is the Highest Championship Golf Course in America. Incorporating the area's history as a mining town, railroad ties are a prominent feature to avoid, so make sure you take a look, but not too close!
- Contact Information – For more information, or to schedule a tee time, call 866-286-1663.
Keystone River Course
- Location – Coming from I-70, exit 205 to Hwy 6. After 6 miles, just east of Swan Mountain Road, the course will be on the right on River Course Drive.
- Course Description – The front nine of this par-71 course meanders with the Snake River to present interesting challenges. Strategy is key on this course, especially on the returning back nine, which cuts through a pine forest. Keep those shots straight, and you'll be in for a great day of golf.
- Contact Information – To schedule a tee time or for more information about Keystone, Colorado golf, call 800-464-3494.
- Location – Coming from I-70, exit 205 to Hwy 6. After 6 miles, take a right on Swan Mountain Road and follow the signs to Keystone Ranch Road.
- Course Description – This Robert Trent Jones, Jr. course has it all. From the links style front nine to the classic tight mountain back nine, this has been rated one of the Best Golf Resorts in America by Golf Magazine.
- Contact Information – For more information, or to schedule a tee time, call 800-464-3494.
Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks
- Location – From I-70, take exit 205 north to Highway 9. Drive through Silverthorne to Golden Eagle Road. The signage and imposing archway will lead you to the clubhouse.
- Course Description – This 18 hole masterpiece by Tom Lehman and Hurdzan/Fry has received honor after honor for the design, play, and condition of the course. Playing from the Black Tees at 7,413 yards with a slope rating of 146, this course has enough to challenge most any player, but for those who aren't long hitters, the Gold Tees coming in at 5,235 yards, making the course a great option for everyone.
- Contact Information – For more information, or to schedule a tee time, call 970-262-3636.
Most courses and resorts offer club rentals for a reasonable fee.
Take a Lesson
We all know that our game could use a little improvement in one area or another. Why not take some time in your vacation to have one of the golf pros help you straighten out that swing, or give you some pointers on your short game?